ESH has favourable Dutch social and working conditions and is a fantastic working environment, located in international zone of The Hague. Our school is situated between the historic city centre and the lively beach resort of Scheveningen. The Hague is a cosmopolitan city with a large expat population and as such offers excellent housing, health and transport facilities. Read more about the Hague here (LINK)
We are looking for experienced teachers, who hold good academic and teaching qualifications and have excellent verbal and written communication skills in the languages in which they teach. Applicants must be eligible to work within the European Union and suitably qualified. As a successful applicant, you will be welcomed by a professional, sociable and very international team.
In addition, in certain circumstances for Teachers hired from abroad and subject to the 30% rule, we can provide free education for up to two dependents. Initial employment is for one year, followed by a permanent contract subject to satisfactory appraisal and completion of paperwork, and acceptance and approval of your qualifications by the Dutch Government.
Requirements for Secondary school teaching positions:
- university degree and teaching qualification
- for upper secondary the equivalent of a Master degree and relevant teaching qualifications
- relevant diplomas for the countries concerned (eg UK PGCE and QTS in the English section)
- successful teaching experience
- knowledge of international curricula
- experience teaching pupils in their second language
- native or near native competence in the languages in which you teach
- knowledge of two or more European Union languages preferred
- experience working collaboratively in an international environment