The ESH maintains a high standard of quality education and therefore we request applicants to provide details of three referees, of which one must be their most recent employer, or the one prior to the current employer. We will contact referees after a successful interview. All applications should contain a CV, a motivation letter and a completed job application form. Download the application form here in Word or PDF.
Applicants must be eligible to work in The Netherlands, therefore applicants must either be EU citizens or have a valid permit to work in The Netherlands.
All appointments are subject to the successful completion of an interview, (trial lesson), identity checks, criminal record checks, and references.
Further information about our recruitment procedure can be found in our Recruitment Code (for the Dutch version, please click here). The purpose of the code is to provide a standard for a transparent and fair recruitment and selection procedure.
Requirements for teaching positions:
- university degree and teaching qualification
- for upper secondary the equivalent of a Master degree and relevant teaching qualifications
- relevant diplomas for the countries concerned (eg UK PGCE and QTS in the English section + induction)
- successful teaching experience
- knowledge of international curricula
- experience teaching pupils in their second language
- native or near native competence in the languages in which you teach
- knowledge of two or more European Union languages preferred
- experience working collaboratively in an international environment