The ESH maintains a high standard of quality education and therefore we request applicants to provide details of three referees, of which one must be the most recent employer, or the one prior to the current employer. We will contact referees after a successful interview. All applications should contain a CV, a supporting statement and a completed job application form. Download the application form here in Word or PDF. Incomplete applications may not be considered.
Furthermore, applicants must be EU citizens or have a valid permit to work in the Netherlands. For any further information, please visit the Government website.
All appointments are subject to the successful completion of an interview, (trial lesson), identity checks, criminal record checks, and references.
Our application procedure is subject to the Recruitment Code of Rijnlands Lyceum Foundation (in Dutch: Stichting het Rijnlands Lyceum). The purpose of the code is to provide a standard for a transparent and fair recruitment and selection procedure. ESH requests all applicants to carefully read the code before applying. For the Dutch version of the Recruitment code, please click here.
Requirements for teaching positions:
- university degree and teaching qualification
- for upper secondary the equivalent of a Master degree and relevant teaching qualifications
- applicants must hold a fully qualified teacher status in the country the qualification is obtained (eg UK: you have been awarded QTS and have successfully completed the statutory induction period)
- in order for your qualifications to be recognized by the Dutch Authorities, your qualification should clearly indicate the subject that you're applying to teach in
- successful teaching experience
- knowledge of international curricula
- experience teaching pupils in their second language
- native or near native (C2 level) competence in the languages in which you teach
- knowledge of two or more European Union languages preferred
- experience working collaboratively in an international environment